2004 Jun 12 18:43

Re: [vox] Linux viruses?

Bill Kendrick said:

> Noticed this article on my newsticker just now:
>
>   Antivirus vendors await first Linux worm
>   http://www.infomaticsonline.co.uk/News/1155836
>
> The jist is: no real virus threat, and therefore no demand for AV
> software.
>
> However, one line in the article piqued my curiosity:
>
>   Symantec reported that it has found three Linux viruses in the wild
>   since the start of 2004.
>

> Anyone have any references to these three?

I can't comment on anything I found unless the company releases
information on it first. I have no idea if the ones I references when this
discussion with Pete S. (ages ago on the lists) have been made public by
the company I visited.

If anyone does have information they can discuss on examples where live
code was found in the wild, I'd also like to know where it was found and
when.

-ME