2004 Jun 03 16:19

[vox] [fwd] Open Source, Open Session at the INBOX: Email Event in San Jose

Seen on some other LUG lists.  Not sure if anyone from LUGOD was going
to be at the INBOX conference, but I thought I'd pass it on...

----- Forwarded message from Aaron Stone -----

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:13:51 -0000
From: "Aaron Stone"

Hi,

I'm speaking this Friday morning at the INBOX: Email Event conference at the
San Jose Marriott. The sessions are *free and open* to the public, in the
spirit of the open source that I'll be speaking about.

http://inboxevent.com/2004/conference_Grid.asp

>From 8am - 9am this Friday, June 4th, I'll be giving an overview of the open
source email world, a sort of road map to building a completely open source
email system (much of the audience is likely to be new to this idea).

>From 10am - 11am, I'll be talking about one of my projects, libSieve. It is an
implementation of the Sieve mail sorting language as defined by RFC 3028. The
focus of the talk will be how one goes about adding functionality into "the
email system" by way of showing the layers of software involved and the
openness of open source towards adding useful new functionality.

The earlier session was intended to be a panel/round table, but I've had
terrible luck finding panelists. I have one excellent fellow who is attending
from The Netherlands, but if you find yourself interested in being on stage,
let me know this evening!

Hope to see people there!

Aaron

----- End forwarded message -----