2004 Jun 03 10:24

Re: [vox] [fwd] KQED program on open source [last night]

Bill Kendrick said:
> Apparently I don't have the right plugin (and besides, I'm at work and
> should be working), so I haven't heard it yet.
>
> Thought I'd pass it on, though...
>
> -bill!
>
> ----- Forwarded message from "Robert B. Livingston" -----
>
> Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:10:34 -0700
> From: "Robert B. Livingston"
> Subject: [Balug-talk] KQED program on open source on now
>

> 88.5 FM 10 PM today
>
> S. Webber is talking about open source mvt.
>
> the archived program is also available at:
>
> http://www.kqed.org/programs/program-landing-local.jsp?progID=RD19

I will definitely check this out when I have a moment.

Last night at Borders in Davis I picked up _The Success of Open Source_ by
the same guy, Stephen Weber.  It looked interesting.  I've only read a
couple of chapters, but I'm intrigued so far.  Has anyone else read this
book?

One point he brings up which I'm not sure about.  He states that it's
impossible, these days, for a single individual to write an entire
operating system from scratch (though he doesn't hint that it was
impossible in 1991).    I have no way of knowing whether that claim is
true or not.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)