2004 May 28 01:02

[vox] [fwd] [NBLUG/talk] PressDemo Business Article: WTF?

PD = Press Democrat, the big newspaper in the Santa Rosa area...

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Dave Sisley -----

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:58:42 -0700
From: Dave Sisley
Subject: [NBLUG/talk] PressDemo Business Article: WTF?
To: NBLUG <talk@nblug.org>

Hey, gang:

Did anybody read the SCO/Linux article in the PD this morning?  I did,
and it's left me a bit crabby.  First off, it is very "objective"
journalistically, which means it goes pretty easy on SCO.  In this
particular case, I think that "objective" == chicken shit - as in: it
would be improper to take sides even though it seems pretty obvious to
anyone with a clue that SCO is crazy.  But maybe I'm just a /. dupe.

Second, it's more than a month out of date.  The article offers as
"proof" of the strength of SCO's efforts a $40 million investment from
BayStar.  Only problem is that Baystar asked for its money back
sometime in the middle of April.

There is no link to the story on the PD's website, but its an
ASSociated Press story that USA Today ran as well (along with god
knows how many other content-starved newspapers around the world).

Here's the USA Today link:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpolicy/2004-05-21-linux-test-suit_x.htm

I just thought that I would post this to the group in case anyone
wants to respond with a letter to the editor at the PD.  I'm thinking
of one, but I need to mentally edit out the profanity before I can
type it.

EEK!  Who can I trust?

--
Dave Sisley
dsisley AT arczip DOT com   <munged by Bill K.>

----- End forwarded message -----

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com              C is like an industrial strength
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       nail gun; if wielded improperly,
New Breed Software                       it can cause untold carnage.