2004 May 21 17:56

[vox] [fwd] Tiny Linux startup sees through HP-Dell "Recycle"

Interesting. :)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from David Sokolowsky <dsokolowsky@lucent.com> -----

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:13:44 -0400
From: David Sokolowsky <dsokolowsky@lucent.com>
Subject: [K12OSN] Tiny Linux startup sees through HP-Dell "Recycle"
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn@redhat.com>

"May 20, 2004

A New York startup selling Linux-based thin-client management software
has called foul on HP and Dell for recent efforts to fund computer
recycling programs. Symbio Technologies says the computing giants stand
to sell more new PCs if future diskless clients are destroyed, instead
of being donated to schools or resold."

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com              C is like an industrial strength