2004 May 30 19:46

[vox] Oh, the frustration (a whine)!

So last Thursday and Friday, I burned 32 copies of Knoppix 3.3 and 32
copies of GNU-Win.  I fussed for awhile about whether to go with GNU-Win
or OpenCD or assemble a list of my own of OSS for Windows for my
presentation on Friday.  I chose GNU-Win instead of making my own list for
a few reasons, but among them was the fact that I would want to include
Mozilla Thunderbird; however, Thunderbird didn't have a good installer for
Windows.

Of course, THIS is the week that...

...Knoppix releases version 3.4

...Mozilla releases Thunderbird 0.6, including a Windows installer

...OpenCD releases a beta of version 1.4, including software I wanted but
which wasn't available on their CD so I went with GNU-Win.

I'm just pointing out the irony of this sort of thing.  Grumble.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)