2004 Apr 29 19:04

Re: [vox] DCM status?

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 06:10:12PM -0700, matthewlange wrote:
> I'm happy to help...and have always had a special spot in my heart for
> free-meal providing agencies.

Cool, thanks so much!  Have you familiarized yourself with the current
conditions (e.g., the meeting minutes from Tuesday's meeting :^) )

> ..but does being on this list make me a member--or is there some kind
> of initiation or hazing involved (I'd settle for a baptism in a bathtub
> of Marzen)

Well, /officially/, members are folks who have filled out a membership form
at a meeting.  This is most useful for when voting occurs (like what we're
doing now, to decide on a new president), since it helps make sure noone
can vote twice.  (Some times people subscribe to various lists with different
addresses, multiple addresses, etc.)

If you feel like it, you can send me (privately; to "webmaster@lugod.org")
the info you'd like put up on our members page (for an example, see
anyone's entry over at: http://www.lugod.org/members/ ).

But, being on the list is a start.  And whether you're "officially" a member
or not (since it's all so informal), doesn't matter.  We're glad for the help!

Just try to remember that in your interactions with groups like DCM, you're
representing LUGOD, and we're an official entitiy (a 501(c)7 non profit).
So don't be a jerk or anything. ;^)

Thanks!