2004 Apr 28 11:38

Re: [vox] What would you include?

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 10:39:42AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> My second question (related, so I don't consider this thread hijacking)
> is, "How many copies would you bring?"
>
> There are 33 people in the class.  I was thinking about bringing perhaps
> 10 copies of GNU-Win and 5 copies of Knoppix.  Ideally, of course, I'd
> bring 33 copies of each, but my time is limited and I'm pretty sure that
> not all of the CD's would be used if I brought them all.

IMO, better to have too many, than too few.  There'll always be someone
interested in taking one.  (e.g., bring Knoppix and GNUWin to LUGOD meetings,
and people will grab them!  If not for themselves, then to give to a friend
or coworker.)

> I've never done this sort of thing before, and the idea only occurred to
> me last night while I was pondering what to do for this presentation
> (besides getting started on the 15-20 page paper that I also have to write
> which I have not yet started working on -- GAH!).

Discs definitely good.  People like free stuff (usually...) :)