2004 Apr 21 22:31

Re: [vox] MS California Settlement in the news

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 08:05:54PM -0700, ME wrote:
> For California, wasn't the settlement for a cash certificate for other MS
> software, but not actually U.S. Dollars?

http://microsoftcalsettlement.com/FAQ.htm#2

Q: What benefits are available under the settlement? (Top)

A: You will receive vouchers redeemable for cash after the purchase of
a wide variety of software and computer hardware products. The
vouchers are worth: $16 for each Microsoft Windows or MS-DOS license
claimed; $29 for each Microsoft Office license claimed; $5 for each
Microsoft Word, Home Essentials or Works Suite license claimed; and
$26 for each Microsoft Excel license claimed.