2004 Apr 18 18:38

Re: [vox] T-shirts?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Howsabout some random quotes from my website?
>
>   * Only two industries refer to their consumers as 'users': Illegal
>     drugs, and computers.

// FIXME

>   * A. No
>     Q. Is it sensible to top-post?

You probably have a problem with japanese comics (manga), too.

>   * There are only 10 types of people in this world -- those who
>     understand binary arithmetic and those who don't.

What about the other fourteen?

>   * For every ten 'Under Construction' signs to go up on websites,
>     maybe two will ever come down before the heat-death of the Universe.

Thats a lot of kilowatt-hours...

>   * Nothing is more distracting to a crowd of geeks than a projector
>     that's not quite working yet and needs some kind of tweak.
>     (Maybe with an 'unhappy Mac' style icon of a projector ;) )

Wait, let me...

>   * Java, the blazing speed of Smalltalk and the elegant simplicity of C++

Hey, where are my user-defined operators? Elegant simplicity, my a**. ;)

> That's all I got. :)

* Jugglers keep throwing up

* Pickles : The Geek Light Source

* "... and then a miracle occurs ...."

* "Thats LU, not LUSER."

* "It's intuitively obvious to the casual Linux kernel hacker."

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing