2004 Apr 11 11:31

Re: [vox] lugod.org is a bit slow today...

On 2004.04.11 10:08, Jeremy Turner wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 16:22, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 02:16:29PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> > I wondered why the server was getting pounded, and just
> > found the answer:
> >
> >   http://dot.kde.org/1081536020/
> >
> > Thanks Bill....  ;-)
> >

> Dum dee dum. ;^)
>
> Also see:
>
>   http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4052092726.html
>

> Hehehe.  I'm shameless when it comes to self-promotion.
> (Besides, I figured more people than just the ~35 who showed up on Tues
> might enjoy seeing the slides. :^) )
>
> -bill!

Obligitory slashdot link:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/04/11/1524257&mode=thread&tid=121&tid=189

Nice article, W. Kendrick. :)

Jeremy
Has anybody thought about writing a cache.slashdot.org that handled *all* links from slashdot.org by caching them for a couple days the first time they were downloaded (and rewriting all of the links in the pages to point to cache.slashdot.org)

I could think that http://cache.slashdot.org/www.lugod.org/presentations/kde-user-persp/
would put a lot of the bandwidth onto a server that could *handle* the load.