2004 Apr 08 18:07

Re: [vox] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

Re: [vox] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

Richard,

Oracle normally runs on port 1521, so you will need to open port 1521
on the oracle server ONLY to your home ip address.

That should get you enough access.  If you would rather encrypt the
channel, you can create a SSH tunnel having only port 22 open on the
oracle server something like:

ssh -l Myusername -L 1521:oracle.business.com:1521 oracle.business.com

Mark