2004 Mar 26 15:05

[vox] [Semi-OT] I'm leaving Davis!

Well, I've just received an official full-time employment offer in
the Bay Area, and will be heading out of Davis in late May or the beginning
of June.  Therefore, I'm won't be running for re-election at the end of my
term as president (next month).

I want to begin by saying that being part of LUGOD has been an extremely
rewarding and fun experience, and would like to express my gratitude
to all of you who have helped make it so.  (Esp. thanks to Pete
for starting the group in the first place, and Marianne Waage for
pointing out his Usenet post back in December 1998 ;^) )

I'm not vanishing forever, of course; I hope to make it out to LUGOD
meetings on a /fairly/ regular basis (carpooling with Mike Simons, no
doubt ;^) ), and will of course remain on the lists!  LUGOD really is the
most fun and interesting club (LUG or otherwise) that I've ever seen.

In fact, I'd like to point out to whomever may end up running the show
that I'm more than willing to continue helping with the various tasks I've
been doing in the past: webmaster, PR guy, speaker coordinator, etc. [*]

Thanks for putting up with me for the last 5+ years. ;^)

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/

[*] However, I've /always/ appreciated help with any of these tasks,
    so don't be shy.  Passing the torch, or at least sharing, would be
    a great excuse for me to finally _document_ some of the processes I've
    been doing.  We might find good ways to automate more of it, too!