2004 Mar 22 08:47

[vox] USB vs. PS/2 mouse

Hello,

I have an IBM thinkpad with an _eraser head_ mouse. I like the eraser head and I've grown rather fond of it over the years (I had an old toshiba laptop with the same mouse before). However, every once and I while I like to plug in my USB scroll mouse...

So here's my question: Is there a USB insertion script somewhere that I can add a line or two to re-point /dev/mouse (currently points to /dev/psaux, would need to point to /dev/input/mice)? Would this kind of think require hotplug? I don't have hotplug turned on. Also, this would need to work in the reverse, if possible, upon removal.

Thanks,
Dave