2004 Mar 22 15:04

Re: [vox] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

Re: [vox] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

--On Friday, March 19, 2004 10:19:19 -0800 Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

Today, I've been asked to tutor a very smart (but currently far
too Windows-saavy for his and his parents' own good) 8 year old kid.
Java is another possibility. The language itself is pretty clean (though it virtually forces you to learn OO concepts) and java code is generally easy to read. High-quality documentation and tutorials are available from sun, and there are good IDEs like eclipse that make it simple to write code that works correctly the first time.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338