January 6: Social gathering
2004 Mar 19 11:34

Re: [vox] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

Re: [vox] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

Certainly,

i was thinking about using PHP from the shell: php4 -f <source.php>

based on what i have seen form python, it seems like a very promising
language to learn... that might be your best bet.. i know that i want to
learn it someday!!

dylan

on 04.3.19 10:57 AM, Bill Kendrick at nbs@sonic.net was reported to have
writen:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:42:48AM -0800, dylan wrote:
>> what about PHP?
>
> Hrm.  Might be neat to actually teach him some PHP and HTML down the
> road, but in the meantime, I was thinking something a little simpler.
>
> (Not that PHP, in the basic usage -- like how I use it -- isn't pretty
> trivial... I've just never used it for anything but simple web stuff.
> Most people stick to the web when using PHP, whereas languages like
> Pascal, C and Python are actually USED to teach kids :^) )
>
> -bill!

"Human vanity can best be served by the reminder that
Whatever his accomplishments
His sophistication
His artistic pretension,
Man owes his very existence to a six inch layer of topsoil
And the fact that it rains”

-Author Unknown