2004 Mar 13 18:56

Re: [vox] Current Knoppix burn?

on Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 11:33:00AM -0800, Jonathan Stickel (jjstickel@sbcglobal.net) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > Does anyone have a burn (or image) of a recent Knoppix release?  I'd
> > like to burn some but the d/l time on dialup sort of kills me.
> >
> > I'd be able to trek to Davis this weekend for this, or could provide a
> > postal address if anyone wants to mail same.

> Apparently, they release updates regularly without changing the
> version number, and the latest is "KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso".

Well, the minor version (release date) is continuously updated.  For a
while you'd see new releases every couple of weeks or better.

> I have "KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-24-EN.iso".  Is this satisfactory for
> you?  I was going to wait until V3.4 to burn another copy for myself.

I'm looking at relatively new HW (Toshiba Satellite Pro M10 and
Satellite A10) with devices (including NIC) that weren't recognized on a
2/2003  burn.  So I'd like either very recent or known to work on this
HW.

Peace.

    I think you're reading *way* more into two specimens of underground
    vegetable than has ever been implied.
    - Peter Samuelson