2004 Mar 09 22:53

Re: [vox] Interest in KDE talk?

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 21:54, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I'm also only vaguely familiar with this, and I thought that they said
> they WEREN'T actually abandoning KDE, after all.  (Statement by Perens,
> I think?  I'd need to dig that up, too.)

I know this is off topic, but I can't resist the temptation to express my
fears.  I keep reading stuff about GNOME's partners.  And that includes
Novell.  And Novell is SuSE which apparently has been "sharing" developers
with KDE.  And GNOME has other partners like Sun and others including maybe
IBM (I don't exactly recall).  As I see it, there is a corporate push to put
GNOME on the desktop.  And so I worry about KDE's future.  And I started out
with GNOME.

Bob