2004 Mar 19 10:27

Re: [vox] Interest in KDE talk?

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 20:33, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Since reinstalling my Debian system, and building a Linux desktop for
> my dad, my love of KDE is renewed.  I'm discovering that /nearly/
> everything I need to do, I can do with KDE applications.  (Gimp and XChat
> are about the only GNOME tools I'm using these days.)
> Are people interested?  Or is this all old news, and I'm just
> catching up with the rest of you? ;^)
>
> I might be able to fill in the recently-vacated April meeting spot...

I am interested.  I know you're up to 3.2, but I recently installed SuSE 9.0
with 3.1 and have fallen in love with it.  I had the funniest feeling, but
couldn't figure out what it was.  And then I realized that for the first time
in 5 years it seemed that Linux, and not Windows 98, was the full-featured
OS.  For the first time Windows (at least 98) seemed more primitive from the
perspective of the non-geek desktop user.

K3b is great.  Don't you want to talk about it?

I don't have Kwallet, and so don't know what it is.

And I hate to sound superficial, but I just love Knotes.

Bob