2004 Feb 29 23:56

[vox] [fwd] Seminar: IBM & LynuxWorks hosted by Avnet, San Jose - Wednesday, March 10th]

Subject line says "San Jose", but it says "Milpitas" in the location
section, below.  Either way, they're practically the same place, when
going from Davis. ;^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from "Laurent Meilleur (Lnxw, Tower)" <laurent@intrex.net> -----

Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:31:22 -0500
From: "Laurent Meilleur \(Lnxw, Tower\)" <laurent@intrex.net>
Subject: Seminar: IBM & LynuxWorks hosted by Avnet, San Jose - Wednesday, March 10th
To: <Bill@newbreedsoftware.Com>

IBM and LynuxWorks Optimize PowerPC Platforms for Embedded Applications

Seminar date:  Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Join factory experts from IBM and LynuxWorks™ for a half-day seminar for
'turnkey' embedded applications. Presentations will include discussions on
leading edge PowerPCs technology, embedded Linux 2.6, and Linux-like RTOSs
for hard real-time or safety critical applications.

Agenda:

9:00 to 10:00  IBM PowerPC Overview and Roadmap
· Latest technological microprocessors and systems on a chip design.
· PowerPC 405/440 series capabilities

10:00 to 11:30 Embedded Linux and LynxOS RTOS for Embedded Applications
·  Overview of state-of-the-art embedded Operating Systems
·  Linux 2.6 kernel (BlueCat 5.0)
·  Linux-compatible & POSIX conformant real-time OS (LynxOS)
·  Operating system roadmap for safety critical and DO-178 applications
(LynxOS-178)

11:30 to 12:00  IBM PowerPC design tools and reference platform
demonstrations

12:00 to 1:00  Lunch

Please register at: http://www.lynuxworks.com/turnkey/

Location:
Avnet
1820 McCarthy Blvd
Milpitas, CA. 95035

Please feel free to forward this email to others in your organization.

Thank you for your interest - and we look forward to seeing you there!

Laurent Meilleur
LynuxWorks, Inc.
North American IBM Business Manager
210 Columbia St., Suite 2