2004 Feb 19 18:19

[vox] Syncing Palm Pilot

I recently reinstalled Debian (I'm running Sarge) on my desktop.
Normaly, I've compiled a custom kernel with everything built in, but
this time around, I've decided to leave the default kernel there...I'm
trying to learn more about modules and how initrd works and such.

Anyways, with everything built in, my Palm has always just worked. For
some reason now, I can't seem to get it working. I'm pretty positive
I've got all the necessary drivers loaded. Following is what gets logged
when I hit the hotsync button on the Palm cradle, and the output from
lsmod. I should mention this is using USB, and I know usb-uhci is the
proper usb controller...not to mention, my usb mouse works just fine.

minerva:~# tail -4 /var/log/messages
Feb 19 11:47:27 minerva -- MARK --
Feb 19 11:48:02 minerva kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2,
assigned device number 6
Feb 19 11:48:02 minerva kernel: usb.c: USB device 6 (vend/prod
0x830/0x50) is not claimed by any active driver.
Feb 19 11:49:14 minerva kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 6

minerva:~# lsmod
smbfs                  31296   1  (autoclean)
mga                   102768   1
agpgart                29792   3
mousedev                3744   1
usbmouse                1760   0  (unused)
visor                  10016   0  (unused)
usbserial              17856   0  [visor]
hid                    18784   0  (unused)
cmpci                  26008   5
soundcore               3204   4  [cmpci]
via-rhine              12420   1
keybdev                 1664   0  (unused)
usbkbd                  2848   0  (unused)
input                   3040   0  [mousedev usbmouse hid keybdev usbkbd]
usb-uhci               20676   0  (unused)
usbcore                48000   1  [usbmouse visor usbserial hid usbkbd usb-uhci]