2004 Feb 19 12:13

[vox] Linux+ Subject Matter Expert (and other cert notes)

[vox] Linux+ Subject Matter Expert (and other cert notes)

I was invited via e-mail to become a 'Subject Matter Expert' for the next
round of updates to CompTIA's Linux+ certification.  I signed up for
kicks, just to see what the process is like.

Anyway, it looks like anybody can sign up:
http://www.comptia.org/certification/Linux/sme_form.asp

Note: the non-disclosure agreement is pretty ugly.

There were some wacky inconsistancies and even a few out and out errors in
the test, so maybe this will be a good way to help fix some of those
things.

Note 2: both Linux+ and LPI are pretty easy (Linux+ probably being the
easier of the two), if anybody's thinking about going for one or the
other.  I got to take LPI for free at a the O'reilly Open Source
Conference.  I believe they offer the same free tests at LinuxWorld so
keep an eye out for that...can't beat a $25 book purchace and free tests!

Dave M.