2004 Feb 10 14:48

[OT] Too many video games (was Re: [vox] cheating at quake)

[OT] Too many video games (was Re: [vox] cheating at quake)

At 11:59 AM 2/10/2004, you wrote:
heh.  my friend's ex-room mate got so good at q3a that he started to
enter competitions.  played so much quake that he flunked two quarters
of classes at UCD.  all his classes.  ended up getting kicked out of
UCD.

How much Quake was THAT? I ask because, given the right major, one can get away with an awful lot of game time. One of my former roommates, a Classics major, had enough free time to play a LOT of Mario Kart. She had enough time to determine which players were better on which racetracks, whereas I was not 100% sure how to stay on the road.
So, yeah, if you're an Biology & Electrical Engineering double major or something when you first take up Quake, you might have a dearth of gaming time, but it seems like you could "solve" that problem by switching to Basket Weaving or something equally lightweight. Presto... game time!

--n twn