2004 Feb 08 07:23

Re: [vox] Portable MP3 Player Recommendations?

Re: [vox] Portable MP3 Player Recommendations?

I have a player that uses compact flash memory that I can just use any old usb/pcmcia adapter to get my mp3s on and off the flash. I have not tried plugging the player into a linux box, but in windows it does not need any drivers, and acts/looks like a hard drive. I would expect linux to do the same, but...

I would like to note as well that some mp3 players have their mp3's specially encoded by that player's software on the windows/linux box. I am not sure if rio is one of those.

Mark

p.s. The player I have from http://www.frontierlabs.com/

Charles Mclaughlin wrote:

I'd like to find a small, cheap MP3 player for use when exercising. Can
anyone suggest one that can sync with Linux?

The Rio Fuse looks good to me:
http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=217&cat=35

I found that there are some utilities for using older Rio models with
Linux, but I can't find any info on getting newer models to work. Again, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Charles