2004 Jan 29 22:03

Re: [vox] Looking for laptop

On 2004.01.29 20:32, Mike Harris wrote:
> I'm looking to find a cheap laptop. I already have a main desktop, so I'm
> looking for something just to word process and browse the internet (sub 1
> gHz, sub 100$). Has to have good linux support, obviously. Is there a good
> place in Davis to get this, or is eBay the best?

In all my research, looking for the same goal but probably requiring much less power than you'll need, I couldn't find anything decent for less than $200. You can look on either E-Bay or UC Davis Bargain Barn, but you're probably not likely to find anything better, and I was advised that that's pretty much what's out there.

(If you want a PowerBook 520, you can get it for about $30 from the Bargain Barn, but I was looking for something that could handle wireless and wired ethernet, run an X server, and get all of the hard processing stuff served up over XWindow)