January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 26 23:34

[vox] [fwd] Speakers Wanted for Idealist.org Nonprofit Human Resources Conference

Idealist.org is interested in speakers for their conference in Oregon.
In case anyone here is interested in, or working on, Human Resources stuff,
this might be a neat avenue to promote Open Source tools. :^) :^)

Just a thought!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Melissa@idealist.org -----

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:13:32 -0500 (EST)
From: Melissa@idealist.org
Subject: Speakers Wanted for Idealist.org Nonprofit Human Resources Conference
To: pr@lugod.org

Dear friends,

Last year we hosted the first national conference for
nonprofit HR professionals (and for people who wear
the HR hat among many others). The conference took
place in Philadelphia, and most of our speakers came
from the east coast.

This year the conference is taking place in Portland,
Oregon, and today we are writing everyone we know in
the west coast to ask for speaker recommendations.

If you yourself are an expert on any aspect of
human resources, and would like to speak at the
conference, please download our speaker application
at:

http://www.idealist.org/conference2004

In addition, if you have attended a great nonprofit HR
workshop or presentation, and would like to recommend
the speaker, please send me their name, their email
address, and a line or two about where you heard them,
and what their topic was.

Thanks in advance for applying or recommending.

All the best,

Melissa Herwaldt Riches
Events Manager
Action Without Borders
http://www.idealist.org

P.S. Early-bird registration for the conference
runs through March 31. For more information, and
to register, please go to:

http://www.idealist.org/conference2004

----- End forwarded message -----

--