2004 Jan 13 13:55

Re: [vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photomanipulator tool?

Re: [vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photomanipulator tool?

Mark K. Kim wrote:
Well... isn't ImageMagik (or however it's spelled) a command-line utility?
I think that's way harder for a newbie to use than anything GUI-oriented,
including GIMP.

ImageMagick is a command-line tool AND a gui. To get the gui, just run "display" (or "imdisplay", depending on the install). I find the menu options very intuitive. Just point and click to crop, resize, etc. To convert, just save the current picture as any of the available formats (the list is quite long, but dependent on installed libraries).

Once you figure out how to do things with the gui, you can then run batch jobs from the command line.

Jonathan