2004 Jan 13 02:13

[vox] KDE's Future?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.  I'm usually the last one to
learn about such things.

I've just learned that Novell bought SuSE.  I've recently switched to SuSE.  I
did so for a couple of reasons, but part of the decision had to do with using
a distro committed to KDE.  And I was told that there are developers who work
on both SuSE and KDE.

But I've just learned that before buying SuSE, Novell bought Ximian.  The SuSE
website has a piece on all this.  It says good things about both KDE and
GNOME, but also says that Novell/SuSE will be evaluating the issue of desktop
GUI's in the coming months.

Does anyone feel that SuSE will tend more toward GNOME, and if so that this
will be a problem for KDE's viability?

Bob