2004 Jan 08 22:33

Re: [vox] ISO: Wireless network card (PCI) (hey, worth a try!)

Re: [vox] ISO: Wireless network card (PCI) (hey, worth a try!)

Make you sure you know the chipset of the any wireless card you get and check it's Linux support. Some model cards (pcmcia I know, but probably pci too) have different "versions" with entirely different chipsets.

Jonathan

Bill Kendrick wrote:
Okay, based on where the owner thought would be the best place for the kiosk,
she's either going to have to run wire through the walls or ceiling (ugh),
or just take advantage of the existing wireless infrastructure here at the
cafe.

I've found an 802.11b (refurb'd) from Fry's for $25.  But I thought I'd ask
around, JUST IN CASE someone had one they didn't have any use for, and
wanted to donate, or sell for cheap ;)

Thx!