January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 08 15:26

[vox] Aging Equipment Giveaway

Hi all:

My company is giving away (free for those who come and pick up) some older
equipment that only a geek could love.  We could donate it (or e-bay it), but I
thought that somebody out there might have use of the stuff we have, and I
wanted to give y'all the 'first crack' at some good stuff.

There are some old Sun IPC, sparcstations, vt220 terminals, AT ix86, SCSI Cd
changers, monitors, printers, and miscellaneous stuff that has piled up over 20
years of business.  Most of it is works (some is new in box) and what isn't
working is serviceable.

Again, you would have to come and pick it up (or arrange for shipment), but
under that condition, it's all free.  There is some equipment (high throughput
scanners, for the most part) that we are looking to sell, but there is a huge
pile (one or two pallet's worth) that we just want to give away.  We are
located in east davis (close to Z-World).

For more details (I have a complete list of stuff with pictures that is for
sale and for giveaway, omitted for brevity), email me offlist.  Ideally, we are
looking for someone who is enchanted by the whole pile such that s/he will take
it all.

Thanks for helping me clean up,

jan

=====
EDUCATION, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the
foolish their lack of understanding.