2004 Jan 02 00:52

Re: [vox] webhosting/shell recomendations?

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:39:25AM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I (as well as several others on the list) use sonic.net.  Having a
> separate domain name is extra, and can get expensive.  But the shell's
> great.  I also get static IP DSL from them.  The whole package is $60-ish.
> http://www.sonic.net/sales

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Sonic. The problem is I'm in the
SureWest area, and I haven't found DSL (other than SureWest's) that you
can get here. Everybody else wants you to be in a PacBell area. I'd go
with the SureWest DSL, but I don't plan on living in the same place for
a year, and they want you to sign a year contract. As soon as I move
into a PacBell area, I'll probably go with Sonic, and possibly even host
my own site then, like Rod suggested.