Re: [vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Rod Roark wrote:

> On Friday 19 December 2003 07:32 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > I'm quite curious as to what they're up to, and how much MS would actually
> > listen to us techie geeks. :^)
> > They should; techie geeks have created their worst enemy.

No they havent.  MS created its own worst enemy. Itself.

> Perhaps they can start by explaining why we should talk to
> them after they supported SCO's anti-Linux campaign.

1) as if 'not talking to them' is somehow going to prevent them from
getting the info they want.  This is a direct "feel good;" measure.  MS
can glean all the damn focus group data they want from open archives
laying about.  Its not like OSS advocates are particularly quiet about
what piques them...

2) I am still not sold that MS has a lot of direct (if any) involvement in
the SCO embrog;lio (at least at the onset).  Consideriing the history of
McBride and cohorts, it seems like something they seemed to do regularly,
except this time they ran into a political/PR shitstorm of cosmic
proportions.