[vox] Interesting results of embedded Linux development survey

[vox] Interesting results of embedded Linux development survey

More tasty tidbits... this time from one of the 'hot spots' (in my opinion)
of Linux development, the embedded realm:

Early results from embedded Linux dev survey -- more inputs needed

  "Are the participants Open Source enthusiasts? Well -- there is a
  wide variation: some don't work at all on Open Source Software (OSS)
  in their spare time, some 20 hours per week or more. Most agree or
  strongly agree to the statement that "Linux is good code" -- but
  obviously, this does not require OSS enthusiasm. Other items indicate
  that, yes, the majority of participants do have sympathies for OSS
  ideas."

  "Most participants -- 93 percent -- agree that OSS allows small
  firms to afford innovation. And indeed -- one third of respondents
  work for firms with 10 people or less. But there are also big players
  in the sample, about 33 percent with 200 people or more."