Re: [vox] Tivo question

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi dave,
>
> peter's conjecture:
>
>    with every issue in cryptography, it's never "if", but "when".
>

> this seems to suggest that there are currently active work arounds to
> the encryption:
>
>    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/10/02/TiVoHacks.html

This is a really good article.  I think I'm being told (by the same author
of the book I'm reading) to nab an original series 1 Tivo, do the network
add-on hack, pop in an extra hard-drive, and get to work.

The used route eliminates any warranty concerns (not that I imagine I
could keep myself from opening up a new one, warranty or no).

Thanks for the links,
Dave