Re: [vox] [OT] On Bill Gates, philanthropist

Bill Kendrick said:

> Sorry for being so off-topic, but for being annoyed at Microsoft
> (both due to software -- laptop just blue-screened! -- and due to they
> way the act in general), I always felt it hard to _totally_ dislike
> Gates himself, due to his contributions.  Now they seem a little less
> 'good.'

Library geeks like myself who are also open source advocates have an
especially hard time, since Gates has given so much money to public
libraries (and not just for computers); without his money, it's likely
that at least one branch of the Seattle Public Library would have shut its
doors for good.

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore