Re: [vox] shuttle mini pc's [was The Mystery of the Dying Laptop]

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 03:08:13AM -0800, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Shwaine,
>
> You have a shuttle box?  Once of those cool mini-itx cases?  How is the
> Linux support?  I've been seriously thinking of getting one for quite some
> time.  I'd like to dual boot WinXp and Linux on one of those mini boxes  My
> friend has me hooked on Grand Theft Auto, so I need a gaming PC!  But I'm
> scared to invest in any pc with all of it's components integrated onto the
> motherboard.  Any thoughts?

IIRC, once upon a time, LUGOD contacted Shuttle to see if they'd be willing to
donate, or provide at reduced cost, a Shuttle to use as our Demo machine.

The one that VA was so kind to donate to us is beginning to show its age
(and weight :^) )

I think we gave up and focused (no pun intended) on the projector.
Perhaps we should look into it again, and maybe donate the LUGOD box(en) as
kiosks or lab machines to local businesses/schools...

Just babbling, sorry...  Need a break from frustrating non-emulating
'emulators' I'm working with for work right now. :^P