Re: [vox] Wow! Latest trends for web server use....

On Wed 03 Dec 03,  3:57 PM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> said:

> ME said:
> > CHeck out the latest stats on web servers...
> > http://news.netcraft.com/
> > Looks like apache is now winning out at over 3 to 1 over MS IIS!
> >
> > Pretty nifty!
> >
> > In fact, according to the statistics, apache accounts for over 2 times
> > as many web server as all other web servers combined!
>
> And I thought Windows servers were supposed to be the end-all and be-all
> of servers!  I would be really interesting to see how the numbers changed
> after the release of Windows 2003 Server.

why would you be interesed?

do you think apache will get any more expensive/less reliable?

do you think windows will get any cheaper/more reliable?

seems like every "we care about and will focus on security" announcement
MS makes is followed by a new devasting worm.

i have no interest in the numbers, because i already know what they're
going to say!  :)

pete