Re: [vox] Video Card On a Budget

Rusty Minden wrote:
I know how to install the Geforce drivers, but I would rather not have to bother when I am experimenting with distros. IMHO it is a waist of my time.

I've heard that it used to be a pain to install Nvidia drivers to get 3D support. Sometime in the last year, however, Nvidia has simplified the process to a single script file. Just download it and run it; for ALL Nvidia graphics cards (old TNT2s to the latest 5900). I've used it without trouble on several systems now. It compiles and installs kernel modules and everything.

Oh, you still have to edit XF86Config, but the instructions tell you how.

Jonathan