2003 Nov 26 09:16

Re: [vox] Linux software for windows

(I've moved this to vox by the simple expedient of changing the address and subject line. Hope this is OK.)

At 10:24 PM 11/25/2003, you wrote:
Linux software's which can run on Windows
OpenOffice
Gimp
Mozilla
Jabber

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "Linux software that runs on Windows". Do you mean:
1) Open-source software for Windows?
2) Applications familiar to Linux users that are also available as Windows applications?
3) Something else?

For 1), puTTY is the only one that springs to mind. For 2), may I suggest: dia, nmap, and readers for various file formats (e.g. acrobat, postscript).

--nicole twn