January 6: Social gathering
2003 Nov 25 14:36

Re: [vox] my mother has seen the light

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 07:01, Katie wrote:
>  She's ready to try linux, but she's a little
> leary.  I want to make it as easy as possible on her so she doesn't feel
> like she has to go back to Windows.

I forgot to mention one thing.  I think people who move to Linux from Windows,
and who aren't leaving their computers on 24 hours a day need to learn to
edit (or otherwise deal with) /etc/crontab.  If they don't then they may end
up with the mystery of losing some disk space.

My editing on this new system has not yet capped /var/log/messages as it did
on Mandrake.  If I'm not mistaken, I can just delete "messages" when I want.
But the ordinary computer user should be aware of this disk space issue.

Bob