2003 Nov 17 11:29

Re: [vox] Re: RedHat business

I just purchased a copy of RHEL WS 3.0.  I downloaded it yesterday and copied it to CD's, but won't get a chance to load it until probably Wednesday.  I'll let you know how I like it w/ VMWare letting me run under XP.

FYI: Thanks everyone for your tips on using Mr. Project instead of MS Project.

John Kofler

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:49:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Nathan Johanson <
johansonweb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [vox] Re: RedHat business
To:
vox@lists.lugod.org

Their Fedora FAQ implies that you can use up2date, but
it's unclear for how long they'll make errata
available for each release. Fedora also includes
support for the apt and yum rpm repositories, which
many have used and loved as an alternative to RedHat's
up2date. I'm assuming that  the community behind
Fedora and not necessarily Red Hat will decide when
and for how long to release updates for each release.

For my personal desktop, I'm taking a wait and see
attitude before I migrate to RHEL WS or another
alternative such as Debian.

Nathan