2003 Nov 14 18:54

Re: [vox] [fwd] [Lug-nuts] M$hit

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 04:14:46PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> That's the #1 most hilarious thing about it, and the #1 way MS will fail.
>
> Most MS users I've met don't like MS.  They might actually like some
> of the products, but they don't like MS.  I can imagine many of them
> giggling about this 'project' of theirs as much as we (Linux & Mac heads)
> are. ;^)

If M$ was actually serious about this, they'd release their Windows
kernel under an open source license.  And it has to be a truly open
source license--not like shared source where you have to sign your life
away and pay them tons of cash to even look at the code (and you don't
get to modify it). As far as I'm concerned, it is the next logical step
for M$--if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! :-)