2003 Nov 14 10:50

[vox] Re: RedHat business

David Margolis wrote:
RedHat's commitment to support Fedora users for free (via up2date?) seems
pretty generous too.  They probably figured they couldn't charge for
something every apt user was already getting (especially with the recent
howto on apt for rpm that was just printed in one of the magazines).

Is this true, that Fedora can be kept "up to date" with "up2date", for free? I would be really surprised, since RedHat has clamped down on up2date's free use over the last few months (I know from personal experience). Can anyone vouch for this? I wasn't aware of "apt for rpm" either. Does it work well, with Fedora?

Maybe it's too early yet for people to know these answers, but I would really like to know.

Jonathan