2003 Nov 13 13:34

Re: [vox] OT: Contemplating the unthinkable...

On Thursday 13 November 2003 12:16, donw@examen.com wrote:
> Well, as of today I am no longer a RHAT shareholder, primarly because of
> the way they've been handling the discontinuation of desktop RedHat;

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not up on this stuff.  Does this mean
that someone who wants to run Linux on a desktop can no longer buy the Red
Hat distro?  If so, that's pretty amazing since a lot of us started out on
the Red Hat desktop.

As some of you know, I'm a non-geek desktop user.  I wouldn't even have the
know how to install Debian, for example.  But after starting out on Red Hat,
then moving to Mandrake, I've recently installed SuSE 9.0.  I have never been
happier with Linux.  SuSE is clearly the classiest Linux company I've ever
dealt with.  In addition, the latest Kmail as well as the KDE CD burner are
just great.

Bob