2003 Nov 12 13:50

[vox] Good Desktop Linux News in Thailand

[vox] Good Desktop Linux News in Thailand

Passing on a link I found interesting.

http://www.linuxinsider.com/perl/story/32110.html

- excerpt from article -
In the second quarter of 2003, just 40 percent of all desktop PCs shipped
in Thailand had a licensed copy of Windows installed, an all-time low that
likely will dip even further. Moreover, PC manufacturer Laser Computer has
replaced HP as Thailand's top PC seller. Laser Computer sells only Linux PCs.

------

Asia and Europe have been leading the way in cell phones.

Do you think they will also move faster than the US in desktop Linux
adoption?

Ed Elliott
(707) 428-6620
Ed_Elliott@email.com