2003 Nov 08 11:31

Re: [vox] [OT] Amusing WinXP EULA item

On Saturday 08 November 2003 12:28 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> * The OS Components may include the Microsoft .NET
>    Framework. You may not disclose the results of any
>    benchmark test of the .NET Framework to any third party
>    without Microsoft's prior written approval.
>

> Kinda like:
>
> * By purchasing this car you agree that you will not disclose
>   its maximum speed to any third party without Honda's
>   prior written approval.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't some car manufacturer(Dodge/Chrysler
perhaps) actually force its dealers to put something like that in its sales
agreement?  I think this occurred in the 80s sometime, remember hearing it
when I was a kid, and remember that it was found to be unenforceable.

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk