January 6: Social gathering
2003 Nov 02 20:22

Re: [vox] Free Stuff

p@dirac.org wrote:

On Sat 01 Nov 03, 10:13 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:

On Saturday 01 November 2003 09:36 am, Dick McCabe Jr wrote:

FYI: I found this web site that shows sales with 100% rebates at various stores in this area. I updates every Sunday. This week there is a 50 pack of CD-RW discs from OfficeMax for $20 with a $20 rebate. There are usually quite a few every week. I've used it and bought a CD burner a couple of months ago. All you have to do is wait for the rebate check in the mail.

"Wait" would be the operative word here.

Common sense tells us that rebates are offered when the
vendor expects get out of paying many or most of them.
Otherwise they could just lower the price and save
themselves, their retailers and their customers a lot of
hassle.

If you value your time and peace of mind, just say no.

-- Rod

agreed. i've had a LOT of trouble getting rebates in the past. most of
them want your original reciept. of course. and it's not woth the $20
to find their phone number, navigate their VMS and talk with a customer
sales rep.

but still, i'd be willing to take a look. dick, why in the world would
you post a message about a website and then not give the website's URL?

was this from a previous thread that i didn't catch? oversight?

pete

Sorry bout that

I was going out the door for the weekend and forgot the url.

Here it is.  I had to wait for the rebates too, but they did come.

http://www.salescircular.com/ca/free/freesp.shtml

Dick