2003 Nov 01 19:42

Re: [vox] Rebate hassles [was Free Stuff]

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Tim Riley wrote:

> I don't believe Samsung ever intended to issue my $100 monitor rebate
> request when I sent in all the requested information (including a blood
> sample ... not really). After all the work I did, they sent me a terse
> email saying they couldn't read the UPC symbol. They said for further
> clarification, call this toll number. The customer service
> representative immediately put me on hold for 3 minutes, then he came
> back with the same message on the email. Did I mention this was Samsung?

Sorry to hear that, but I know *I* never do anything wrong either and *I*
never have problems.  Then again, I avoid Samsung products (especially
computer products... their semiconductor products are pretty good, though)
at all costs so maybe it's a Samsung thing.

It was a long time ago, but I visited Korea and was dragged through
various government and corporate offices 'cuz people wanted me to fix
their computers.  Every single Samsung computer I saw had *something*
wrong with 'em.  When I asked them why it's like that, they told me all of
Samsung's computers are like that, but they get really good services, and
as big organizations it's more important that they get good service than
products that don't need services in the first place.  That's the
bureaucracy for ya.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim