2003 Nov 02 16:40

Re: [vox] Free Stuff

On Sat 01 Nov 03, 10:13 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Saturday 01 November 2003 09:36 am, Dick McCabe Jr wrote:
> > FYI:
> > I found this web site that shows sales with 100% rebates at various
> > stores in this area.  I updates every Sunday.  This week there is  a 50
> > pack of CD-RW discs from OfficeMax for $20 with a $20 rebate.  There are
> > usually quite a few every week.  I've used it and bought a CD burner a
> > couple of months ago.  All you have to do is wait for the rebate check
> > in the mail.
>
> "Wait" would be the operative word here.
>
> Common sense tells us that rebates are offered when the
> vendor expects get out of paying many or most of them.
> Otherwise they could just lower the price and save
> themselves, their retailers and their customers a lot of
> hassle.
>
> If you value your time and peace of mind, just say no.
>
> -- Rod

agreed.  i've had a LOT of trouble getting rebates in the past.  most of
them want your original reciept.  of course.  and it's not woth the $20
to find their phone number, navigate their VMS and talk with a customer
sales rep.

but still, i'd be willing to take a look.  dick, why in the world would
you post a message about a website and then not give the website's URL?

was this from a previous thread that i didn't catch?  oversight?

pete