2003 Oct 26 22:29

Re: [vox] Outlining software for linux?

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 07:56:59PM -0800, Henry House wrote:
> På söndag, 26 oktober 2003, skrev Ken Bloom:
> > I'm working on an outline for a speech for my Communications 1 class.
> > Does anybody know of a good piece of software for working with outlines
> > on Linux?
> [...]
>
> I have tried vimoutliner, which (obviously) runs as part of Vim (it uses Vim
> 6's fold feature to allow sections to be collapsed and expanded). Available
> from vim.org. I did not like it extremely, but you may feel differently.

My only complaint is that text wrapping can only be reasonably polished
with something that inserts numbers or bullets, and to do something like
that would mean an abuse of the way vim works.

It's been doing a very good job (and it's probably been more convenient
than any GUI app, even AppleWorks, would have been). And it's not even
an abuse of vim.